Volunteers are the heart and soul of Meals on Wheels People and without you, our first annual Stride for Seniors Charity Walk would not be possible! Raise awareness, connect with the community and bring your passion to change lives, one meal at a time on walk day.
Stride for Seniors Charity Walk
Sunday, April 22
Portland International Raceway, 1940 Victory Blvd
General Volunteer Information
- Take pride in your role! The success of Stride for Seniors wouldn't be possible without you!
- You can sign up for as many shifts or roles as you would like -- but please make sure they don't overlap!
- When you arrive at Portland International Raceway, check in at the Volunteer Tent.
- Stride for Seniors will take place rain or shine! Please make sure to check the weather and dress accordingly.
- Snacks and drinks (fruit, pastries, nutrition bars, coffee, water, etc.) will be provided. Food carts will be onsite with food available for purchase.
- Volunteer shift reminders will be sent one week prior to the event.
Can I fundraise as a volunteer?
Yes! Some volunteers want to register AND raise money for Stride for Seniors, to benefit Meals on Wheels People. We highly encourage you to walk and fundraise in addition to volunteering.
If your volunteer shift occurs while walkers are walking, choose to "Stride in Spirit" during registration. Or, if you want to register as a "Walker" you could take a volunteer shift before or after, such as Set Up or Tear Down. Either way, go to the Home page to register as an individual, start a team or join a team with friends and family. Thank you so much for supporting Meals on Wheels People.